Building A Winning Scientific & Technical Team
"Hits the Mark! This workshop showed us exactly how to develop winning teams that integrate our quality process and focus on customer needs and expectations."Ed Hants, Director of Quality
"Excellent! An essential program to help us meet the needs of our customers. Thoroughly covered the team-building tools with fine examples and clearly spelled out the benefits to be derived both individually and by the company."Charles Carroll, Ph.D., Sr. R&D Chemist
"Great! Eye Opening! This step-by-step approach to team building is of great value to our group. It will help pull us closer together and help drive productivity."Robert Wotzak, Director R&D Center
"Outstanding! These techniques have worked with outstanding results. I am committed to the approach!"Robert H. Denien, Senior V.P. , Aircraft Systems Division
"Innovative & Progressive! This program will definitely result in major improvements at the center."Charles Hoppe, Associate Engineer, Corporate Biomaterials Center
"Truly Inspiring! Already we have seen our team implement and benefit from these ideas."Patrick D. Moore, Ph.D., Development Manager
Live In-House Short Course (212) 818-0551
Course Length: 2 Days
Learn how to transform your scientific and technical staff into a cohesive multidisciplinary lab team.
A nationally acclaimed course for transforming your scientific, engineering and technical staff into a cohesive professional team. Learn how to transform your scientific, engineering and technical staff into a cohesive multidisciplinary lab team.
As a result of taking this course, you will be able to:
- Establish a step-by-step program for professional team building
- Assess current team effectiveness
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Gain total commitment & buy-in to team objectives
- Facilitate “28” exciting team-building activities
- Harness individual energy for team success
- Share team leadership roles
- Build trust, support, cooperation & “synergy”
- Clarify your team’s mission, roles & processes
- Operate effectively within a “matrix/project” lab environment
- Improve team communication, collaboration & coordination
- Manage conflict in and among teams
- Establish your team’s cross-training system
- Improve working relationships with other organizational teams
- Conduct effective team meetings
- Measure, document & track your team’s performance
- Review team processes & continuously improve team efforts
Technical directors, managers, lab heads, team leaders, scientists, engineers, and other members of the technical staff. All professionals on new teams wanting peak performance and on existing teams ready to jump to the next level. Recommended training for individual team leaders and team members. Also, perfect as a team development opportunity for intact laboratory teams.
Participants will review “best team practices” from winning laboratories. Also, if interested, course graduates can arrange for additional customized coaching in helping implement the team-building system, carry out planned team-building activities, and track team performance and results.